Safe Place is a comprehensive program for at-risk runaway and homeless youth that provides everything from street outreach, survival aid and temporary shelter to counseling, family reunification and aftercare.
- Individual, group and family counseling to help resolve crises and reunite youth with their families
- Seven Challenges groups provide education and intervention from drug and alcohol problems
- Weekly Drop-In Dinner at the Monterey Youth Center provides a hot meal and recreational activities for youth
- 24-hour access to temporary shelter
- Informal street-based counseling and survival aid including food, clothing, and hygiene items
- Teen Action Board (TAB) offers volunteer, advocacy and leadership opportunities for youth
- Street Smart groups provide education about sexual behavior and STD’s
Safe Place’s services are free of charge.