Safe Place is a comprehensive program for runaway and homeless youth that provides everything from street outreach and survival aid to counseling and family reunification.
- Individual, group and family counseling to help resolve crises and reunite youth with their families
- Street Smart groups provide education about sexual behavior and STD's
- Seven Challenges groups provide education and intervention from drug and alcohol programs
- Weekly Drop-In Night at the Monterey Youth Center provides a hot meal and recreational activities for youth
- 24-hour access to temporary shelter
- Informal street-based counseling and survival aid including food, clothing, and hygiene items
- Teen Action Board (TAB) offers volunteer, advocacy and leadership opportunities for youth
Safe Place's services are free of charge.